Saturday, February 11, 2012

6 Weeks and two classes down....Almost

Well I have started my 2nd term at WGU and I am still making good progress. I have leaned heavily on the advice of my mentor Micah Pappas, who is an excellent human being and a kick-ass mentor; doing so has paid off. I've had two classes that I knew were relatively easy and had it not been for him I would have probably already taken them. I'm glad I didn't.

I'm in the 6th week of my second term and about to finish the 2nd of the afore mentioned classes. Micah was smart to steer me in the direction of saving them, when I'm finished with Leadership Concepts and Applications I will have completed 8 out of 12 CUs required for the term. This is significant because the next class, Operating Systems, culminates with a Microsoft Cert; long story short I'm told this will be the hardest class in my degree program and is one of the most difficult in all of the IT programs period. Essentially, if I have to spend the rest of the term working towards this certification, as long as I pass I will be ok as far as CUs completed for the term.

The first of the two classes was quite interesting and I enjoyed what I learned. Additionally, it was somewhat applicable to my current job. I can say the same, to a certain extent, about my current class. But alas, I haven't been as efficient in completing this class as I could have been, I think it is because I'm a bit bored with writing these papers. I don't know if it is because I've never had a problem writing (at least when it comes to substance, spelling & grammar are another story) or the uber-dry topics, but I am soooooo ready to be done, which is why I'm making this post: I needed a change of pace.

If anything, my predicament is illustrative of how powerful WGU's mentor system is. I told Micah I would be finished come Monday and by-golly I will be. I should have done a bit of this assignment each day. Had I started last Monday I probably would have been finished yesterday. But instead I lounged most of the week (aside from my job and parental duties of course, and I did have a stomach virus, ahem, ahem) and now I've been at it for 5 hours straight and my vision is blurry. I'll get 3/4 done tonight and polish it up tomorrow after work. Until next post...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, who needs help with WGU courses please go here www.homeworkfox.com

    I uesd it for me and i am very satisfied, just search your course here and find tutorials. Also, you can upload your own papers and earn money.

    ReplyDelete